Monday 21 March 2011

Persian New Year

Hi all...


This time, this post is a little bit special~
I wanted to write in Persian, but then I thought all people from Iran know about this. So, let's share it in English for those who are not so familiar with this event.


Yes, it's about new year, Persian new year.
We celebrate the first day of Spring (March 21 in Christian Calendar) as first day of new year. The celebration takes 3-4 days, but usually there is 2 weeks holidays in Iran regarding this tradition.


It's my 3rd year of celebrating new year not in my hometown... And I gotta tell you it's totally different!... There is no "real" mood here, coz it's basically well-known in middle east; (of course my country) and some neighbor countries, which follow the same tradition.


And each year, there is a very specific time to know its the starting of new year!! for example, this year, in Iran's time, it's 02:51:00 am !


Well, in Malaysia's time, it was like 6:21 am.


Good thing happened in college.
Some thoughtful Iranian students, set the "7 siin(haft-siin)" in college to show how we celebrate new year and what we put on table . "7 siin" (haft siin هفت سین) is basically 7 objects that starts with "s" (سین siin) in my language. (More informations on Wikipedia if you are interested in: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haft-Sin :) )


So, please have a look at the lovely haft-siin in my college~ :)


~☆~Happy New Year All~☆~



No comments: